Student Clubs Project Leader (UNPAID INTERNSHIP)
The project leader is responsible for serving as an advisor and leader for Chelsea student groups and/or clubs. The project leader will use his/her skills to engage Chelsea students, provide leadership opportunities, foster a sense of community and assist the group with developing and reaching realistic goals.
- Lead 1-2 students groups per week in areas of student interest (chess, cultural groups, Gay-Straight Alliance, etc)
- Provide opportunities for student leadership
- Provide support for Door staff during dinner
- Maintain accurate participation data
- Assist in the coordination of special events (field trips, tournaments, etc)
- Interest in working with urban youth, and sensitivity to the needs and interests of the diverse young people who comprise The Door’s membership population
- Record of dependability from at least one professional or academic reference
- Basic computer skills
- Prior work or volunteer experience with adolescents preferred
- Bi-lingual a plus (Chinese or Spanish preferred)
Email resume and cover letter to Elise Schuster at email@example.com.
Do not call or send resumes via mail. Qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
The Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.