Senior Accountant - Grants
Founded in 1972, The Door empowers educationally and economically disadvantaged youth to reach their potential by providing a complete range of services all under one roof. Each year over 11,000 young people from all five New York City boroughs come to The Door for primary health care, reproductive care and health education, mental health counseling, legal services, supportive housing, GED, ESL, tutoring and homework help, college preparation and computer classes, career & education services, job placement, daily meals, cultural arts and services.
The Senior Accountant, reporting directly to the Controller, is responsible for maintaining timely and accurate agency financial records in accordance with standard fiscal practices and requirements of funders.
Maintain regular updates on all billing requirements and changes for all insurance types.
- Responsible for federal, state and city contract management, including communication with funding sources.
- Track and report individual program expenditures and income.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of monthly vouchers and expenditure justifications.
- Forecast budget variances based on analysis of spending: provide routine budget reports to Controller/Chief Financial Officer, executive staff and program management.
- Prepare program budgets/modifications in a timely manner with program management.
- Review Requests for Payments for assigned contracts.
- Prepare expense allocations and import into MIP accounting software.
- Ensure that the Accounting and Financial policies & procedures are being followed.
- Monthly analysis of Trial Balance/General Ledger and perform adjustments as needed.
- Preparation of materials for program and agency-wide audits.
- Assist Controller/Chief Financial Officer in preparation of complete budget for the Agency.
- Assist Controller/Chief Financial Officer in preparation of quarterly updates to the Board of Directors.
- Perform additional duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
3-4 years’ experience working at a senior level or as a billing specialist; knowledge of Medicaid billing programs and Medicaild rules and reulations preferred
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
- Minimum of intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Prior experience with MIP software preferred
Apply online now using the link below:
(No telephone inquiries please)
The Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.