Graphic Arts Intern (UNPAID INTERNSHIP)
The graphic arts intern is responsible for teaching graphic design basics for Chelsea students and other youth at The Door. The graphic arts intern will staff a graphic design lab and assist Door members with a range of graphic arts projects. The intern will also supervise 1-2 high school students also conducting internships at The Door.
- Staff graphic arts lab at least 1 day per week
- Assist Door members with graphic design projects
- Supervise high school senior interns
- Maintain accurate participation data
- Proficiency in Graphic Art Software such as Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium & Microsoft Suite for Mac & PC
- Interest in working with urban youth, and sensitivity to the needs and interests of the diverse young people who comprise The Door's membership population
- Record of dependability from at least one professional or academic reference
- Prior work or volunteer experience with adolescents preferred
- Bi-lingual a plus (Chinese or Spanish preferred)
Email resume and cover letter to Elise Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not call or send resumes via mail. Qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.
The Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.