Job Placement Specialist
The goal of The Door’s Career and Education Services Department is to support young people in completing secondary education and successfully transitioning into post-secondary education and employment. Programs within the Career and Education Services Department (CareerED) are designed to help both in-school and out-of-school youth to set and attain their educational and career goals. CareerED services allow a young person to craft a personalized life plan defining the steps he/she will take to achieve those goals while developing the necessary skills for future life success and independence. The Door’s Bronx Youth Center aims to prepare out-of-school and out-of-work young people for meaningful placements in college and/or employment through the provision of comprehensive education and career services, which develop potential for economic self-sufficiency. The Job Placement Specialist will develop and maintain relationships with employers with hiring needs suited to young adult job seekers and work with these job seekers to obtain employment.
- Work with young adults at the Bronx Youth Center to prepare for and find unsubsidized employment; meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly placement targets required by government and private funders.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with employers, business and industry representatives with hiring needs suited to skills, interests, and abilities of Bronx Youth Center participants; Identify and gain access to hiring personnel.
- Develop sales pitch tailored to prospective employers and refine based on specifics of each employer.
- Share information on job opportunities with the Bronx Youth Center team; train staff on the culture, expectations and requirements of each employer seeking to interview program participants.
- Collaborate with placement staff at The Door’s main office to share job leads and cross refer young people for job opportunities.
- Conduct individual and group job search sessions with Bronx Youth Center participants.
- Assess and match participants with job opportunities that meet their skills, abilities and interests.
- Assist participants to complete job applications and prepare for interviews.
- Conduct regular follow-up with employers who have hired participants and report results to appropriate staff
- Conduct regular follow-up with participants who have been placed in employment to track retention.
- Perform administrative duties including tracking all job referrals, placements, and other job and internship development activities daily and weekly.
- Contribute new ideas for achieving and exceeding program and contractual targets.
- Handle any appropriate responsibilities and functions as assigned by supervisor and/or director.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Business, Sales and/or marketing or related field
- At least 2 years of job development or directly related experience required, preferably with individuals with barriers to employment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated experience in a team-based work environment
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment, multitask, and take initiative
- Must be self-motivated individual with ability to meet placement targets
- Existing employer contacts and experience presenting to business/industry strongly required
Please use the link to apply for the position. https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=17137362
The Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer/ Program.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.